- Beech natural (not steamed)
- Beech (steamed)
- Beech red heart (rustic)
- European Oak
- European Maple
- Ash tree
- Cherry natural or steamed
- Black locust (acacia) steamed
Types and dimensions
- Finger jointed panels (from finger jointed hardwood staves, same lamella’s width on a panel)
- Solid-wood panels (made from strips, approx. random width 40-100mm)
Finger jointed panels:
- Thickness: 18/19/20, 26/27, 38/40, 43 mm or customized
- Lengths: up to 4600mm
- Widths: up to 1300 mm
Solid-wood panels with continuous lamellas:
- Thickness: 18/19/20, 26/27, 38/40, 45mm or customized
- Lengths: Furniture boards up to 2500mm, stair treads and raisers 900-1800mm
- Widths: up to 1300mm
A/B grade – Furniture grade
- Side A (face side): clear without red heart (beech wood), free of knots, no discolorations, consistent structure and color, oak without sapwood
- Side B (bottom side): without red heart, free of knots, natural discolorations, oak with sap wood.
- Side A: small strips of red heart allowed (beech wood), free of knots, natural discolorations, sap wood strips allowed for oak
- Side B (bottom side): red heart allowed, small pin knots, natural discolorations, sapwood allowed for oak, putting allowed.
- Side A: small strips of red heart allowed (beech wood), free of knots, natural discolorations, sapwood allowed for oak
- Side B (bottom side): red heart allowed, small knots, natural discolorations, sapwood allowed for oak, putting allowed
C/C grade (red heart panels)
- Side A: beech naturally colored, sound red heart decoratively wanted, discolorations allowed, knots and mineral strikes.
- Side B (bottom side): beech naturally colored, sound red heart decoratively wanted, discolorations allowed, knots and mineral strikes, putting allowed.
Only high quality and branded glue class D3 – according to EN 204 is used to glue up our panels. Examples of application are indoor areas with regular, short-term impact of draining off water or condensed water and/or impact of high humidity (kitchen tops, butcher blocks). For outdoors applications, sheltered from atmospheric conditions we use D4 class or polyurethane glue. Also for outdoor applications (stair treads, decking) we provide a special molding profile in order to enhance the gluing strength. Please inquire for details.
By the time the panels are ready for delivery, the moisture is 8 +/- 2%. This is the equilibrium moisture content of panels used under normal circumstances in environments with temperatures of 20°C and 55% humidity.
Transportation or storage can lead to moisture absorption of the panels. It is of utmost importance to take care of constant climatic conditions, during storage and processing. Storage should be done in closed, neither too dry, nor too moist rooms. Panels should be covered and laid on flat surface. Take into consideration, that shrinkage – and swelling is in range of approximately 0,6% per 1% change in moisture. Hence it is recommended to provide acclimatization to the new environment, before starting further processing.
Standard size and grades panels: approx. 2-3 weeks. Special dimensions and species: approx. 4-5 weeks. Thank you for your interest in Lafor Wood Products!