The Health and Safety Management System ISO 18001- 2008 sets out the minimum requirements for occupational health and safety management best practice for an organization. Attaining the certification brings work health and safety into your business and you can achieve the maximum return for your employees, your operations and your customers. It also can help you to put in place the policies, procedures and controls needed for your organization to achieve the best possible working conditions and workplace health and safety, aligned to internationally recognized best practice.
The advantages of an effective OHSAS management system:
• Establishes and maintains a commitment to occupational health and safety
• Demonstrates strong commitment to safety excellence
• Organizational structures in place with clear roles and responsibilities
• Existence of a continuous improvement culture
• Strong levels of trust and communication
• Reduction in incident levels with increased measures of performance.
• Contributes to business performance by reducing cost and liabilities.
The plant is reassessed annually to ensure that it is achieving targets and continuously improving its occupational health and safety management performance.